Tuesday, July 27, 2010

I'm going on a shopping diet

Yes, you read that right, I'm going on a shopping diet. What exactly is a shopping diet?

I am comitting to not buying any new clothes for one year . I've decided to do this because I have a TON of clothes already and I'm sick of my super cluttered and unorganized closet. Simply put, I don't need to waste anymore money or resources on clothes.

The idea for all of this comes from The Great American Apparel Diet. If, after reading the rules below, you feel you are ready to go on a shopping diet, let me know and you can join me on this journey.

Here's the rules for the diet (taken from thegreatamericanappareldiet.com) :

Let’s first discuss the things you can guzzle without guilt:

  • Clothes currently in your closet, on hooks, in your drawers or on your floors. Go crazy, gobble them up as long as they are not new. Allow me to dissect the semantics of the word “new.” New is anything that resembles a complex carbohydrate (something you pay for). An item is “not new,” if it something a person gives you. Now, this can be complicated for you late night snackers who don’t think midnight calories count. Do not–you cannot write a check to your husband or best friend and give them instructions or a wish list for your “must haves.” Those calories do technically count and once you go there you’re off the wagon and you’re likely to roll chubb-ily downhill.

  • Footwear (technically boots that morph into a skirt are suspect and are considered apparel).

  • Accessories. I will refer to Webster on this one: Noun: An article or set of articles of dress, as gloves, earrings, or a scarf, that adds completeness, attractiveness, etc. to one’s basic outfit.

  • Underwear—every girl should have a great pair of clean underwear on at all times and I will say no more.

Now let’s discuss those nasty items that are sure to leave you bloated and disgusted with yourself:

  • New clothes, the ones you pay money for (this includes outerwear, athletic wear and Halloween costumes).
 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio