Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Dear Neena (a day late)

Dear Neena,


As I type this you are sleeping peacefully in your swing that you love so much. Every morning after you wake up and nurse you fall back to sleep at my breast and I place you in your swing where you doze for a couple hours while mommy eats her breakfast and picks up the house. You must dream the sweetest dreams because every once in awhile you'll serenely smile, and that makes mommy smile.




You're almost 7 weeks old, my how time has flown. In the past 7 weeks we have gotten to know each other quite well; we cuddle, we smile at eachother, we read lots and lots of books, we sing, we dance, we stroll through the mall (because it's too cold to stroll outside), and we nurse. I'm so in love with you. I look forward to the time to come, but sometimes I wish I could freeze time and have it be like this for a bit longer.


This last weekend Grandma and Grandpa Riggs came to visit you and take care of you while Mommy and Daddy had a date night. You were such a good girl for Grandma and Grandpa, but Mommy and Daddy were anxious to get home to see you; it's hard to be away from your sweet face. Mommy and Daddy had lots of fun on their date, though. We went to a concert and listened to good music. I can't wait to take you to your first concert so you can jam out with us!


Love,

Mommy

No comments:

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio